Community housing legislation
One of the requirements of becoming a registered CHP is to demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation in your policies, processes and systems for managing community and/or affordable rental housing. The following legislation is relevant to (but not limited to) community housing and the role of a Class 1: Social Landlord:
- Part 10 of the Public and Community Housing Management Act 1992(external link)
- Public and Community Housing Management (Community Housing Provider) Regulations 2014(external link)
- Residential Tenancies Act 1986(external link)
- Building Act 2004(external link)
- Privacy Act 2020(external link)
Further details regarding legislative compliance are provided in the Performance Standards and Guidelines.