About the CHRA register
One of the Community Housing Regulatory Authority’s (CHRA) functions is to maintain a public, searchable register of all registered CHPs.
Purpose of the register
One of the CHRA’s functions is to establish and maintain an electronic public register of all registered community housing providers (CHPs). Its purpose is to ensure registration and regulation of CHPs is as transparent as possible and enables tenants to make informed choices.
This information is held on the Public Register, searchable by everyone.
Information that must be on the register
The legislation requires that the following information shall be on the register for each registered CHP:
- The full name and address and incorporation details (if applicable).
- The full names and appointment details of members of its governing body.
- The date the CHP was conferred registration.
- The class of registration the CHP has obtained.
- A description of the CHP and the scope of its activities, including a description of –
- the geographic location of the CHP, and
- the name and job title of each member of the CHP’s senior management.
- A copy of any notice of CHRA’s intention to suspend or revoke the registration.
- Information on any previous suspension or revocation of registration.
- A copy of any binding instructions issued under section 181(external link) of the Public and Community Housing Management Act 1992.
- Details of any appointment made to the governing body under section 180(external link) of the Act.