Disputes, complaints and appeals

Information relating to resolving disputes, making a complaint and appealing Community Housing Regulatory Authority (CHRA) registration decisions.

Dispute resolution

There are various ways in which a Community Housing Provider's (CHPs) dispute with CHRA can be resolved without appealing to the District Court. Read more about dispute resolution.

Making a complaint

If you are a tenant with a complaint about a landlord, we encourage you to use all available, lawful methods to resolve the matter with the landlord before approaching the Community Housing Regulatory Authority (CHRA). Read more about making a complaint.

Appeals to the District Court

A Community Housing Provider (CHP) may appeal to the District Court in relation to the Community Housing Regulatory Authority's (CHRA’s) decisions affecting registration such as refusing registration or suspending or revoking registration, or refusing to revoke registration where this has been requested by the CHP. Read more about appeals to the District Court.